We, the Living Hope Evangelical Free Church of Edgerton, desire to be a Christ-centered, Biblically faithful body of believers with these core values:
1. God-dependence—We are committed to relying on God for present victory and future hope. Because of God’s faithfulness (Lam. 3:22-26; 1 Cor. 10:13, Rev. 19:11), we will strive to rest in the finished work of Christ (2 Cor. 12:9-10; 1 Thess. 4:13-18), stand against the enemy (Dan. 10:12-13; Eph. 6:10-18), and walk with God (Micah 6:8; Josh. 22:5) through prayer (Mt. 7:7-8, 18:20; Jn. 15:5-8) and the power of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 2:4-5; Eph. 5:18).
2. R.E.A.L. Worship—We are committed to worship that is Relational, Evangelistic, Authentic, and Life-changing. Because of God’s mercy and grace (Hebrews 12:1-2; Ephesians 2:8-9), we will strive to demonstrate to all people a personal relationship with Jesus that is evidenced by growth in spiritual fruit (Mt. 7:17-20; Mk. 4:20; Jn. 15:1-16; Gal. 5:22-23) and pursuit of holiness (Rom. 6:1,2,22; Col. 3:1-17; Heb. 12:14). In our worship gatherings, we will strive to exalt Jesus Christ in culturally relevant ways (Ps. 95:1-3; Ps. 149; Ps. 150; Acts 2:42-43; Eph. 5:18-20).
3. Active Love—We are committed to extending to all people the grace that we have received. Because of God’s great love for us (1 John 1:3, 4:7-21), we will strive to demonstrate unconditional love and self-sacrifice, especially to the body of believers, the poor, the needy, the oppressed, orphans, and widows (Isaiah 55:1; Zech. 7:9-10; Galatians 6:2, 10; Hebrews 13:1-3; James 1:27; 1 John 3:16-18).
4. Healthy Relationships—We are committed to nurturing healthy relationships with God, our families, fellow Christians, and our community. Because loving relationships glorify God (Jn. 13:34-35; 1 Jn. 4:12), we will strive to: make time to be with God and people (Joshua 1:8; Acts 2:46-47; 1 Thess. 5:17), practice and experience love in small groups (Col. 3:16; Heb. 10:24-25; 1 Pet. 4:8), prioritize ministry over facilities (Acts 2:44-45; 1 Cor. 3:10-17; Eph. 2:19-22; 1 Pet. 2:4-5), and work with other churches for the sake of Christ (1 Cor. 1:10; Eph. 4:4-6; 1 Pet. 3:8-12).
5. Intentional Growth—We are committed to reaching the lost, training believers, and empowering the body for ministry. Because we know that Jesus is the Christ (Mt. 28:18-20; 2 Cor. 5:11, 13-21), we will strive to expand His kingdom through evangelistic relationships and events (Mt. 5:13-16; Rom. 10:14-15; 1 Cor. 9:19-23), through involvement in missions and church planting (Lk. 10:2; Acts 1:8), by coming alongside believers to provide encouragement and accountability for spiritual growth and maturity (Col. 1:28-29; 2 Tim. 2:2), and to provide opportunities for believers to discover and practice their spiritual gifts (Rom. 12:3-8; Eph. 4:11-16).